Mandan Earth Lodge in Winter
Photo by J. Agee
Holding Eagle's Lodge
North Dakota Heritage Cneter, No. 86–1016
This lodge was photographed about 1910. Short River, now Short Creek, enters the Missouri River a few miles downstream from Williston, North Dakota.
Log houses on the Fort Berthold Reservation in 1904.
From Olin D. Wheeler, The Trail of Lewis and Clark, 1804–1904
(2 vols., New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1904), 1:271.
A traditional earth lodge is in the background.