Small Prairie Camp

Small Prairie Camp

Photo-Small Prairie

© 2001 Steve Russell

Clark wrote that on June 15, 1806, the Corps camped at "a Small glade of about 10 acres thickly Covered with grass and quawmash, near a large creek" which is today known as Eldorado Creek. This is the glade he meant. There is a piece of dry ground among the trees at right. The trail is just out of sight to the left. The elevation here is about 3,540 feet above Mean Sea Level. —Steve Russell

Funded in part by a grant from the Idaho Governor's Lewis and Clark Trail Committee